Thursday, May 14, 2009

thursday?

It gets pretty crazy trying to keep up with a home and family and keep track of what is going on at the hospital. I gave up on work and didn't go again today. About 8:30 they came and got Dennis and took him for a scope. He sounded like he had a pretty good night, seemed more rested than yesterday. He still has alot of pain in his stomach though. To do the scope they have to give them alot of drugs. These aren't just any drugs, these are the kind that some people use recreationally. Aside from making him tired, they make him loopy. By the time they came and got me out ot the waiting room he was already up in his room. The Doctor said his stomach looked fine, no ulcers so that was good, but still no reason for the pain, that was bad. His numbers are way down, but he still has pain so they just took him for an other scan. This one involves nuclear medicine, yeah radioactive man! When I got up to his room he was standing up getting ready to go outside. which was fine until he asked me if I was the banker. I put him back in bed and went out to talk to the nurse about his next test, when I got back he had his mind set on leaving. I led him back to bed and tried to persuade him he needed his rest, I fought with him for about 20 minutes, I even moved all the chairs in front of the door but he is stil bigger than me, and he was very determined. When I finally gave up and we walked outside, he was a little unsteady on his feet but we made it ok. I tried to convince him to wait for Jason but he thought I was lying about him coming, then when I told him we could get ice cream (a lie) if we went back up to the room he believed me. We did have a pretty interesting talk while we were walking, he told me it was kinda fun and felt like old times and he wanted to walk down the grass hill because it reminded him of camping. Then he was mad because Zach didn't come when he called him and I told him Zach's at school, he can't hear you, but he didn't believe me. He told me he needed to get back to talk to the Doctor so he could get a note and go back to work. I have to write all this down because he won't believe me--I wish I had a video camera with me. We made it safely back to the room, just in time to see Jason pull in the parking lot. We put him back to bed and got everything ready for a shower and Jason stayed to make sure he could handle it. It's one thing to shower a 3 year old but completely different to shower a grown man that is still loopy, and can't move his left arm. I'll take the 3 year old any time! We finally got him settled and He slept until they came to get him for the test at about 12:45. Keep in mind I use sleep very loosely mostly I think it is just closing his eyes. There is alot of beeping and buzzing going on and even with the door shut you can still hear it all. Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I think he's going to be Superman!

No comments:

Post a Comment